There are an abundance of industries of interest to donors, but here are the main industries:(Donorbox 2023, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy News)
1) Religious organizations – receive the most charitable donations. 32% of all donations.
2) Human Services – 12% of all donations. Gen X is very passionate about Human Services.
3) Education – 14% of all donations. 29% of corporate gifts go to education.
4) Environmental & Animal – 3% of all donations. Baby Boomers & Gen X prefer to donate to animal charities.
5) Foundations – giving to foundations increased by 9.3% to $64.26 billion dollars.
6) Health – giving to health grew by 7.7% to $40.58 billion.
7) International Affairs – giving was flat estimated at $27.44 billion dollars.
8) Individuals – giving to individuals grew 1.8% to $11.74 billion dollars.
9) Unallocated Giving – was negative $26.75 billion dollars in 2021.
10) Six out of ten American households participate in some sort of charitable giving according to The Philanthropy Roundtable.
Take these valuable statistics and apply them to your organization. Then, hire certified Benefit Auctioneer Specialist Mark Schroeder CAI, BAS, CES of Auction brio llc to conduct your next fundraising auction.
Leave a Reply